For several years, the Indo-German Training Centre (IGTC) has fostered a strong synergy with the Berufsakademies in Germany, which have now consolidated to be known as the Duale Hochschule Baden Wuerttemberg (DHBW) or the Baden -Wuerttemberg Cooperative State University, Germany.
The DHBW is also based on the Dual System of Education encompassing theoretical learning with practical training and wherein every student is sponsored by a partner company. Across 8 campuses in Baden-Wuerttemberg, they train approximately 30,000 students across Bachelors and Masters programmes in Business, Engineering and Social Work Studies and collaborate with 10,000 partner companies in Germany.
On 20th November, 2012, IGTC welcomed a high level delegation from DHBW headed by President Reinhold R. Geilsdörfer and including senior representatives of various DHBW campuses. The purpose of the delegation was to explore a deeper collaboration between DHBW and IGTC including student exchange, short term study and internship modules, and ultimately the DHBW Masters degree in Business Administration for the existing IGTC Post Graduate Programme in Business Administration.
As the German organizations are deeply involved in the IGTC programme, the meeting was also attended by the following senior professionals:
- Mr. Prasad Chandran, Chairman and Managing Director, BASF Group
- Mr. P P Srees, Vice President HR, BASF Group
- Mr. Vaibhav Rane, Country HR Expert – Talent Attraction, Bayer Group
- Ms. Izabela Megerle, Vice President HR and Admin, Lanxess India
- Mr. Devesh Srivastava, Vice President HR and Admin, Merck Limited
- Mr. S. Ramesh Shankar, Executive Vice President HR, Siemens Limited
- Mr. Rupesh Basu, Chief Manager HR, Siemens Limited
We look forward to a fruitful outcome to the meeting in the near future.