“Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forward”. With the prime focus being on what caused heartburns and what were the pressing issues for the HR fraternity in 2022, the Indo-German HR Fraternity converged on Monday 5th December 2022 to review and close the year gone by but with a promising outlook on 2023.
The meeting was attended by senior HR professionals; Anita Bandyopadhyay (Baerlocher India Additives), Rhea Doshi (BASF Group), KS Harish (Bayer Group), Smaranika Mohanty (Brose India Automotive Systems), Aditya Tiwari (Covestro India), Madhavi Lall (Deutsche Bank India), Aruna Subramanyan (Evonik India), Surjit Singh (Häfele India), Neeraj Gupta (Knorr-Bremse Technology Centre India), Sunil Antony and Vijayalakshmi (Lanxess India), Shilpa Kabra (Siemens Limited), Anjali Joshi (TUV India), Rosettee Silveira (Wacker Chemie India) to name a few. The meeting was hosted by Stefan Halusa, IGCC Director General and Radhieka R Mehta, IGTC Director IGTC.
Over five hours, the partners deliberated on a variety of burning issues such as
- acquisition of new talent
- compensations and negotiations
- moonlighting and gig workforces
- training to reskill existing talent and to remodel new mindsets
- focus on customer centricity, flexibility and digital skills
- importance of loyalty and longevity in the workplace
- empowering and facilitating business leaders to take HR decisions
- employee assistance programmes, holistic wellness and emotional wellbeing
- diversity and inclusion initiatives such as hiring of transgenders and dyslexics in the workplace
That was quite a bucket list to find solutions in 2023!
The partners agreed to create WOW – Ways of Working through subsequent meetings in every quarter of 2023. On that note, the collaborative meeting concluded with a lot of warmth and heartfelt wishes for a happy festive season and a new year full of inspiration, growth, transformation and celebration!
If you are an IGCC member company and wish to connect with the Indo-German HR Partner Forum, please email email@example.com.