“Nothing has more strength than dire necessity.” The perfect example of this statement is the movement toward digitalization in the face of the Covid-19 pandemic. The world didn’t have a choice and it was a time to demonstrate agility to rise to the occasion. IGTC certainly believed in being the one to showcase this. Fortunately, IGTC had proactively begun its journey toward digitalization since 2018. This pre-emptive effort outshined in the summer of 2020 when the world came to a standstill.
IGTC’s highly customized, digital dashboard called “Access@IGTC” was developed by Autuskey Technology Development Pvt. Ltd., an IT consulting company in Pune. It is a one-stop-shop for all the IGTC premier workflows. It is a platform, which connects across all the IGTC stakeholders including the IGTC team, IGTC faculty, PGPBA students and their parents, EBMP managers, and IGTC partnering organizations. The last piece, the IGTC alumni module, is still in the development stage.
The digital dashboard facilitates the following features:
- Online applications at IGTC: Receipt of online application forms, application form fees, recommendation letters, supporting identification and academic documents.
- Admission process at IGTC: Allocation of online test and group interaction slots, process evaluations and marks, allotment of partner training companies and dispatch of admission letters.
- Academic Programme Management: Student profiles & resume management, timetable and lecture schedules, leaves and attendance, faculty remuneration calculation, faculty feedback, seating and assignment grouping, course materials, assignments and project submissions, and examination papers, marks and results, placement data, tuition fees payments.
- Library: Database, issuance and late fee management.
- Database Management, emailing and notifications to all stakeholders.
Undoubtedly, Access@IGTC proved to be the lifeline across all IGTC stakeholders during this pandemic and ensured that all processes at IGTC could remain in motion without any barriers. We discovered that we were able to stay afloat despite turbulent waters. Now is that what we can claim as a milestone achieved?
Access@IGTC: ONE Dashboard, MULTIPLE views for various stakeholders.