A new partnership, a new beginning, a new future!
Duale Hochschule Baden-Württemberg Cooperative State University (DHBW), Center for Advanced Studies (CAS), Heilbronn accepts PGPBA students from the Indo-German Training Centre (IGTC) into their Master in Business Management programme.
Indo-German Training Centre marked a milestone by signing a Mutual Agreement of Understanding with the Duale Hochschule Baden-Württemberg Cooperative State University (DHBW), Center for Advanced Studies (CAS), Heilbronn for a Master Program in Business Management on Wednesday, 10th July 2019. The CAS Master Program is intended at current IGTC students, pursuing the flagship Post Graduate Programme in Business Administration, who additionally aspire to gain an international experience, a higher education in business and a Masters degree at a renowned German institution. The Master program qualifies students to take over leadership positions in internationally oriented companies.
DHBW counts as one of the largest higher education institutions in the German Federal State of Baden-Wuerttemberg with 9 DHBW locations & 3 DHBW campuses, catering to approximately 34,000 students and over 9,000 corporate partners across all their Bachelors and Masters programmes. It is the first German higher education institution offering degree programmes with an integrated on-the-job training. It was this synergy that facilitated the collaboration with IGTC, which also conducts programmes based on the Dual Education System, integrating classroom learning with on-the-job practical training.
With the establishment of the Center for Advanced Studies (CAS) in Heilbronn, Baden-Wuerttemberg Cooperative State University (DHBW) combines all its postgraduate work-study programs under one roof. The Master programme was initially concentrated on the alumni of the Bachelor programs at DHBW, who worked at German industrial companies such as Daimler AG or Porsche AG and simultaneously wanted to pursue a Master’s degree. Later the program was continuously extended to external and international students, so now CAS offers post-graduate Master programmes in engineering, business and social work. Some significant reasons on why to choose CAS are as follows:
- The special mark of the CAS program is its practical focus.
- Students can study for their Master’s degree while still working for their company. A current working contract is required for all students.
- Students are also required to have at least one year of working experience.
- CAS professors are required – besides having a theoretical background and PhDs – to have long-term practical experience in business corporations. Hence, CAS can make sure that state-of-the-art business and technical knowledge is taught in all courses.
- All students can immediately apply for the theoretical work from CAS directly to their practical work.
The courses on Industry 4.0, Business Analytics and Interdisciplinary Skills will be conducted at DHBW CAS in Germany over a 4-week stay. The students will also gain strong intercultural competencies through company visits and cultural activities. They will be connected to their Research Papers and Master Thesis supervisors while they are in Germany, but the actual work on the scientific papers will be done in India. The theme of the Master Thesis should be chosen in collaboration with the industry partner supporting the student.
IGTC students will be accommodated in a modern youth hostel, which provides a convenient and pleasant stay in Germany. The town of Heilbronn offers also a variety of leisure activities and also traditional German restaurants and sightseeing options.
The academic degree “Master in Business Management (MBM) will be conferred upon the student on completion of the 90 ECTS performance points.
Over the last 2 years, the key drivers of this successful project have been the following:
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Joachim Frech, Director, DHBW CAS Heilbronn
- Prof. Dr. Stephan Schenkel, President, DHBW Karlsruhe
- Prof. Volker C. Ihle, Academic Director International Relations, DHBW Karlsruhe
- Prof. Dr. Uwe Nölte, Professor International Business, DHBW Karlsruhe
- Radhieka R Mehta, Director, IGTC
We are looking forward to a new future with a high-quality German education that will impact the lives of many Indian students as well as the work of the German companies in India.